Tuesday 27 March 2012

our river

Landon and I have bought a house across the road from a reserve. I call it the wetlands but it is far too pretty for that title. Not far from our place is a way of getting right down the the river. This is why I call it our river.

Surprisingly, considering it is so close, we don't venture down there as often as we would like to but I had some reading to do for uni. (-trying to read Dracula in one week as well as working 4 full days isn't as easy as it sounds... Especially when your a slow reader!!-)

We took a lazy picnic and ate by the river until the tiny bits of rain became a bit too heavy. (I didn't want to wreck Lorelle's book, considering she has leant me EVERYTHING she used or this topic 2 years ago... One of the many advantages of starting uni years after everyone else and having awesome mates!!)

It was a lovely space of time and has motivated me to do it more often.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh bit jealous :P not in a possessive way but goshhhh I love the lagoon! That's what my fam & I've been calling it for years.

    Now you're on east side, I think you can apply to be part of the prestigious group that are allowed a key for the driveway - for driving bbqs and whatever gear down to the end?
    Not that you'd really need it haha living so close.

    It's my favourite special place in the world for thinking and relaxing by myself. I wrote something in one of my journals somewhere about it, if I find it I'll relay it to you :D
    Of course it's an awesome place to chill with friends and lovers too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I knew you would comment about it being one of your favourite places, I am keen to hear the journal entry about it.

      We just like to take the picnic rug and chill, we find a different place each time - whether down by the river or along the 'lagoon' :)

      We need to organise a key I think, just incasies :D

      I am so happy we chose this house, everything about it I love - even the fact that its not even close to being finished!! heehe

      Delete